UF Health’s Fifth Annual Wellness Event gets underway this month. At these events, all benefits-eligible employees will receive a biometric screening, a free lunch and a chance to earn a $35 taxable incentive/reward added to their paycheck in August.
GatorCare subscribers have additional incentives to live a healthy lifestyle this year through a new point system. Those who keep track of their wellness activities will be eligible to receive financial rewards.
Once GatorCare subscribers earn 250 points, they will be entered into a drawing to win one of 280 taxable $50 Publix gift cards. Once they reach 300 points, they will earn an online shopping experience with a $75 value through retailers such as Michael Kors, Keurig, Black & Decker and Cuisinart, awarded in January 2017. All incentives are taxable and employees must be actively employed to receive them.
“We’re trying to build a culture of wellness in the workplace,” said Jill Sumfest, M.D., M.S., FACS, GatorCare medical director. “We think this program helps get people motivated to change their behaviors and eventually see improvements over time.”
to receive rewards through the new point system, GatorCare subscribers must:
- Complete a biometric screening (at a Wellness Event or a Quest Diagnostics Lab)
- Complete a personal health assessment online (through a registered Blue Rewards account)
- Show proof of flu vaccination in the past year
- Be tobacco-free or complete a tobacco-cessation course
- Earn 275 points by completing the four activities above!
GatorCare subscribers can register “self-reported” activities completed through their Blue Rewards account to earn additional points, including:
- Complete an annual wellness exam (25 points)
- Register at MyUFHealth (15 points)
- Participate in a community walk (15 points)
- Enroll in Healthy Addition Prenatal program (25 points)
- Attend wellness program sponsored seminars (15 points)
All benefits-eligible employees
Attend a Wellness Event from May 9 to May 27 and receive a biometric screening, a free lunch and a chance to earn a $35 taxable incentive/reward added to your paycheck.
Visit GatorCare.org to learn more about the $35 Wellness Event incentive/reward and the new points system for GatorCare subscribers. Visit UFHealth.org/WellnessEvent to sign up for a Wellness Event.