UF Health upgraded to Epic 2018 in April, and UF Health IT Services Epic support staff want to ensure that users are aware of the changes. Stay tuned for more news regarding this upgrade in Shands News and on the Bridge.
So what’s different?
- Rotating login screens/backgrounds
- Easier identification of critical and abnormal values
- Personalized toolbars in high-traffic activities like Chart Review, Schedule, Track Board, Patient Lists and enhancements to the Notes and MedRec activities
- Ability to visit taskbar in clinic encounters — provides an easier way to place orders
- Inclusive care for transgender patients
- Advance care planning functionality
- Nurse Brain — consolidates everything a nurse needs to do for their patients so they can easily plan their work at the beginning of shift
- LDA avatar — allows nurses to add/update lines, drains, wounds and airways from an age-appropriate avatar
- Enhanced patient communication functionality
- New activity for travel screening
- Redesigned appointment desk
- Easier filtering for Workqueues
- And much more!