Dress in blue throughout March to help raise awareness for colon cancer and the importance of regular screenings to save lives.
Understanding colorectal cancer:
- Colon cancer is the second-leading cancer killer in the U.S. for men and women.
- At least 60 percent of deaths from colon cancer are preventable.
- You can stop colon cancer before it starts.
- Colon cancer often begins without symptoms.
- There are currently more than 1 million colon cancer survivors in the U.S.
- 90 percent of new cases occur in people 50 or older.