Attention UF Health Shands benefits-eligible employees/ Wellness program participants —
As you may recall, UF-UF Health Wellness program participants can complete wellness activities to earn 300 points, which can be spent in an online shopping experience. Points must be earned by Sept. 30 and redeemed by Nov. 30. Participants must complete several required activities to earn the 300 points. These include receiving a biometric screening, completing your online health assessment, getting a flu vaccination and confirming your tobacco-free status or the completion of a tobacco cessation course.
Gifts you redeem from these incentives are added as an earning and are subject to taxable income.
New this year: Employee points earned at this past spring’s Wellness event have been updated. You can now redeem your wellness points immediately upon earning 300 points instead of waiting until the end of November.
How do you redeem your points? Better You Strides is our new wellness platform online through Florida Blue. All users must create an account this year. If you have not completed this step, there are several ways to access the platform.
Using a computer:
- GatorCare subscribers: Log in to your floridablue.com account, navigate to the Better You Strides section on the right side of the homepage and create your account.
- Benefits-eligible employees who waive health insurance: Visit floridablue.com/betteryoustrides and click “Register Now” to create your account.
Using a mobile device:
- Download the CaféWell mobile app. Click “Register Now” and follow the instructions to set up your account.
- GatorCare subscribers: Use betteryoustrides
- Benefits-eligible employees who waive health insurance: Use betteryou
If you have already created your account, be sure to log in and review your points. Once you have 300 points, you may click “Redeem” to shop and choose your incentive. You can select merchandise and/or a gift card to one of the featured gift card vendors.
If you are a GatorCare subscriber and missed the biometric screening at our Spring Wellness event, you may complete this required screening at a Quest Lab.
For additional details, go to the Better You Strides website at gatorcare.org/betteryou or contact the UF Health Shands Human Resources Benefits office at 352-265-0043.