As summer winds down and children return to the classroom, it’s time for parents to consider their little ones’ back-to-school physicals, which are often a school requirement.
Back-to-school physicals are often the only time children see their pediatric providers in a given year. These appointments allow pediatricians to do the following:
- Review vaccination status
- Check growth and development
- Perform vision and hearing screenings
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Screen for diabetes, cholesterol, tuberculosis and anemia
- Review nutrition and physical activity
Additionally, any child who plays sports may be required to have a sports physical, which should be completed at least six weeks prior to the start of the sports season.
To schedule an appointment at one of our UF Health Pediatrics locations (Gerold L. Schiebler CMS Center, Magnolia Parke, Tioga or Tower Square), call 352-265-2222 or visit UFHealth.org/peds.