Benefits Open Enrollment for UF Health Shands employees begins Nov. 2 and closes Nov. 15. Take time to use the tools our UF Health Shands Human Resources department provides to ensure you are enrolled in the benefits that best satisfy your and your family’s health needs.
Figuring out the perfect plan for you and your family doesn’t have to be challenging.
Stay informed! Resources will be posted on the Bridge under “Employee Services” then “HR Gainesville – Shands.” Make sure to check your home mailbox, read Shands News, visit with an enroller in person at one of many open enrollment events and stay tuned for upcoming email announcements.
Be sure to stay up-to-date on your benefits plans as there are changes for the upcoming plan year (2017).
- Dental plan rates are decreasing.
- The Shands Preferred Dental Plan is moving from a direct dental plan to a preferred provider organization, or PPO, arrangement. Review the provider network to be sure your dentist is in the network. The plan’s orthodontic services benefit now has a separate calendar year maximum.
- For employees with GatorCare health insurance, there will be a $100 deductible on pharmacy benefits for Tiers 2-5, but the deductible will not be applied to Tier 1 (generics).
- GatorCare plan participants will see an increase in the annual out-of-pocket maximum.
- There will be an employee cost-share increase of 3 percent for both the Prime Plus and Premium GatorCare plans.
- Each year, employees who waive health insurance coverage through UF Health Shands are now required to show proof of other coverage. This will be done through employee self-service during Benefits Open Enrollment. If a current employee who has previously elected the waive-coverage option does not elect to opt-out or waive coverage during Benefits Open Enrollment, he or she will be defaulted to individual coverage in the Prime Plus Plan.